We WELCOME you to the only authorized website for the Tucson Bonsai Society, founded in 1972.
Our Our club meets each month on the third Sunday with a planned program, followed by a raffle and open workshop, instructed by our certified mentors. These meetings are open free to the public, at our new location: Catalina United Methodist Church, Building H, Room 230. Look under “What’s new” for directions. Please refer to our calendar and Coming Events for program details. Our active membership dues are $30 per year, for the fiscal period July 1 through June 30; half-price for one additional person at your mailing address. Please refer to our calendar for program details.
The purposes of our not-for-profit organization are five-fold:
1. To provide education and assistance to our members and to the public specifically about the Art and Science of Bonsai, as adapted to the horticulture of the Sonoran Desert environment;
2. To make available one-on-one teaching assistance through our Mentor Program, sharing a wide range of bonsai knowledge and experience with our members;
3. To offer Bonsai Basics classes to the public as taught by our Certified Teachers and teaching assistants, as set forth by the Golden States Bonsai Federation in California, and to sponsor visiting GSBF bonsai masters to advance our knowledge and skills;
4. To sponsor bonsai exhibitions and other events on a regular basis, open to the public free of charge;
5. To promote peace and harmony through the fellowship of Bonsai at all of our activities.
Come have a look at us!
David Meyer, Society Founder